President’s Report from the
RMC February 9, 2014 (2013 year) Annual Meeting
See the PowerPoint below (PDF)
The Co-op held its annual membership meeting on Sunday, February 9, 2014, at Saint Andrew’s Episcopal Church. About 35 members were present to enjoy plenty of free food, live music featuring violin player Julia McConahay and Gabe Burdulis.
David LeZaks, Courtney Lasseter and Joe Wolter were elected to the Board of Directors, and Maggie Coluccy, our beloved treasurer, received well-deserved expressions of gratitude as she departed the Board. Board president, Jim Yockey, presented the annual report, highlights of which included:
- Sales stayed steady in 2013, margins were good and the Co-op’s finances have never been better
- The store finished “in the black” in 2013
- We have 2057 active members, adding 128 new members in 2013
- The store has paid off all of its debt in the past two years, and the balance sheet is debt free!
- The co-op continues its support of the community through donations and event sponsorship, and we are working with other cooperatives on common goals
Jim thanked the retiring board members, the membership, and the store staff.
Below is the PowerPoint (PDF) of the 2013 President’s Report from the February 9, 2014, Regent Market Co-op Annual Meeting: (downloads quickly):