President’s Report from the
RMC January 2013 (2012 year) Annual Meeting
See the PowerPoint below (PDF)
The Co-op held its annual membership meeting on Sunday, January 27, 2013, at The Froth House on Allen Street. About 25 members were present to enjoy plenty of free food, live music featuring jazz singer Megan Moran. James Widder was elected to the Board of Directors, and Joan Schilling and Brad Wolbert, former president, received well-deserved expressions of gratitude as they departed the Board. Board president, Jim Yockey, presented the annual report, highlights of which included:
- Sales stayed steady in 2012, margins were good and the Co-op’s finances have never been better
- The store finished “in the black” in 2012
- We have 2022 active members, adding 145 new members in 2012
- The store has paid off all of its debt in the past two years, and the balance sheet is debt free!
- The co-op continues its support of the community through donations and event sponsorship, and we are working with other cooperatives on common goals
Jim thanked the retiring board members, the membership, and the staff of the store.
Below is the PowerPoint (PDF) of the 2012 President’s Report from the January 27, 2012, Regent Market Co-op Annual Meeting: (downloads quickly):