Locally grown, Neighborhood owned
Regent Market Cooperative is unique because it is a traditional neighborhood grocery store serving the Regent, Monroe and Vilas neighborhoods. We serve our members, the neighborhood and other customers by providing and operating a customer-focused retail grocery store on a financially sound basis.
Our purpose is to care for our members and other customer needs by providing a wide product selection, outstandingly friendly and knowledgeable customer service, and by doing this better than any other conventional store in our area.
To continue to excel in serving our customers’ grocery needs, thereby creating growth of our annual sales to $1.5 million while maintaining gross margins of 32% and a net margin of 7%.
In order to meet our vision, the following strategies/goals have been set:
- Encourage members to support their Co-Op by shopping at the co-op weekly and by offering suggestions on how we can better serve them;
- Verify our membership list to ensure that we have an accurate list of members for all member communications and their preferred method of receiving information;
- Communicate with in-store notices, e-mail newsletters (RMC e-news), yard signs and updates to our website;
- Expand our communication with appropriate advertising and creative marketing approaches;
- Recognize that our Regent and Allen business district is a vital aspect of our community and important to the success of our store; we will fully participate in the Regent Allen Business Village;
- Recognize the importance of buying locally grown/produced products by continuing to support local growers and producers as proud members of the Dane County Buy Local Initiative;
- Maintain and practice cooperative principles by continuing our strong advisory and reciprocal relationships with other Madison-area grocery cooperatives;
- Achieve weekly sales of at least $28,000 by increasing our members’ use of the Co-op by continuing to evaluate our product offerings to determine that products in demand by our members are carried on our shelves and in our coolers/freezers;
- We will conduct weekly employee training, conduct regular customer service surveys, offer special store events and sales, and will continue to provide the RMC special order program;
- We will continue to improve our infrastructure by making full use of our point-of-sale system (CoPOS) for sales management, inventory management, and profitability management; and,
- Above all, we will focus on meeting the neighborhood grocery store needs of our members and other customers.